Strong winds are expected to develop Wednesday afternoon as an area low pressure deepens as it tracks to the west across Minnesota. Winds may be strong enough to produce power outages and some damage to property. Driving may be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Secure loose objects and holiday decorations.
Strong Winds Expected
- What: Strong winds with gusts 40 to 60 mph or more
- Where: Entire area impacted. High Wind Watch for parts of southeast MN and northeast IA
- Timing: Wednesday Afternoon and Wednesday evening into Thursday morning
- Impacts: Power outages and damage to property possible. Travel may be difficult especially for high profile vehicle.
- ACTION: Secure loose objects and holiday decorations. If traveling be prepared for strong winds.