A late winter storm could bring accumulating snow (possibly a wintry mix) from late Sunday night into Monday. Currently, the higher threat locally for snow lies across portions of northeast Iowa, where a Winter Storm Watch has been issued. However, any change in storm speed and track will impact what type of precipitation falls and how much. So, keep up-to-date on the latest forecast information and plan ahead for possible travel impacts - especially for the Monday morning commute.
- What: accumulating snow expected, light freezing rain possible.
- Where: at least light snow accumulations for most—highest amounts in portions of northeast Iowa where several inches are possible.
- Timing: overnight Sunday into Monday.
- Impacts: roads could become snow covered and slippery. Reduced visibilities at times. Monday morning commute likely impacted.
- ACTION: anticipate slippery travel, slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination