|A winter weather system will track northeast across the area from late Sunday afternoon through the night. Precipitation will start out as snow, lifting northeast through the night. South of the snow, areas of freezing drizzle (or rain) are likely, and some icing is expected. Snow accumulations will be mostly north of I-90 (1-3") while a glaze of ice could impact the entire area.
Travel plans Sunday night? Be ready for slippery to hazardous travel. Check on the latest forecast and road conditions before venturing out. Adjust travel if conditions warrant it.
Sun Night: Snow & Ice
- What: snow and freezing drizzle/rain
- Amounts: snow 1-3" mainly north of I-90 (highest amounts north of I-94). Light icing possible everywhere.
- Where: entire area
- Timing: peak impacts from 7 pm to 3 am
- Impacts: roads will become snow and/or ice covered and slippery. Reduced visibilities at times. Monday morning commute may be impacted.
- ACTION: anticipate slippery to hazardous travel, slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination