A winter storm remains on track to bring heavy, wet snow to the area late tonight into Monday. Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories are in effect, mainly south and west of I-94. Highest snowfall totals west of the Mississippi River where gusty winds could also lead to some drifting snow. As snow ends Monday afternoon, there is potential for some freezing drizzle and resultant light icing.
Keep up-to-date on the latest forecast information and plan for possible travel impacts—including Monday's commutes.
Late Tonight-Monday: Snow, Wintry Mix
- What: accumulating snow expected, freezing drizzle possible.
- Where: light to moderate snow accumulations—highest amounts (3-7") west of the Mississippi River.
- Timing: snow late tonight through Monday, mixing with or transitioning to freezing drizzle Monday afternoon-evening.
- Impacts: snow-covered, slippery roads. Reduced visibilities at times. Monday commutes likely impacted.
- ACTION: anticipate slippery travel, slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.