Posted: December 24, 2020 at 5:58 am
The Christmas season….a time for friends, family and TREATS!! The website Zippa did a little research and found out each states most popular holiday treat. In Iowa we are fond of the Oreo Balls, in Minnesota Peppermint Kiss Cookies are tops, and in Wisconsin Andes Peppermint is number one. Check out the rest of their findings….it’s a bit cheese-y. -EK
- A staggering 9 states chow down on cheesecake during the winter holidays
- 20 states dig cakes, while 12 want candy, and 10 know cookies are what’s up
- That doesn’t even count Pennsylvania and Hawaii who busy eating gingerbread cheesecake and Oreo cheesecake
- Move over California, Missouri searches for “vegan Christmas cookies” more than any other state.
- Wyoming and Arizona like their treats liquid, as delicious hot chocolate and less delicious egg nog
- Forget candy you can get in the grocery store everyday, New Jersey knows treats are more satisfying when they have a chocolate-y Santa face
- Only North Dakota is a big fan of vastly, underrated peanut butter blossoms
- Oh give me some Christmas pudding, oh give me some pudding (says Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Tennessee)
- Why do the Carolinas like fruitcake so much?