Posted: March 24, 2021 at 7:32 am
A new study from Zippa looked at all 50 states and the top thing that annoys us about our co-workers. Coming in late, being lazy, and being bad at their job all made the list. But being too loud is #1.
Some fun facts…Loudness is the most annoying trait in a coworker. 57% of workers have considered leaving a job because of an annoying coworker. Only 29% of workers have actually left a job due to an annoying coworkers.
Other Interesting Findings
- After coworkers’ loudness, workers are most annoyed by office gossip and laziness.
- Over half of workers (56%) have complained to a manager or HR about an annoying coworker.
- 92% of workers have at least one coworker that annoys them.
- The most common amount of annoying coworkers is 2-to-5.
- Most states (an impressive 33!) find coworkers’ loud volume most exasperating.
- Four states (Maine, Nevada, Nebraska, and Hawaii) are sick of picking up the slack and find laziness to be the most annoying behavior.
- New Hampshire was the only state to find know-it-all behaviors to be the most aggravating.