Posted: August 27, 2019 at 10:55 am
A Kansas City woman who recently went to the doctor because she thought she had water in her ear got an eight-legged surprise.
According to KSHB-TV, Susie Torres says the medical assistant who initially checked her out told her that she might have an insect in her ear, before running out of the room to get more people.
When the medical assistant returned, she told Susie there was a spider in her ear and the team used their tools to remove it.
Doctors later told Torres that the spider they found was a highly venomous brown recluse, but luckily it had not bitten her.
Susie says she doesn’t know how the spider got in her ear, but she’s now taking precautions before she goes to bed.
She says, “I went and put some cotton balls in my ear last night, because I did not have any ear plugs.”
The story reminded me of a movie….