Posted: December 31, 2020 at 6:31 am
New Year’s will be different with more people getting BLITZED at home this year. So what will YOU be sipping in your living room when midnight hits? Zippa looked at the most uniquely popular New Year’s drink in all 50 states, not including beer. So only wine, champagne, and cocktails. Here’s what they found . . .
1. Champagne is the top drink in 21 states, including most of the East Coast and a lot of states out West. And Connecticut is Prosecco, which is basically the same thing.
2. Frozen daiquiris are the top drink in five states: Maine, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Alabama, and Indiana.
3. Amaretto sour, four states: Kentucky, Missouri, New Mexico, and West Virginia.
4. Vodka-cranberry is #1 in Iowa, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. Lemon drops are first in Arkansas and North Dakota. And palomas are first in Idaho and Oregon.
5. 12 states have a favorite drink that didn’t place first anywhere else: In New Hampshire, margaritas . . . Utah, mimosas . . . Wisconsin, mulled wine . . . Hawaii, rum and Coke . . . Alaska, screwdrivers . . . Montana, tequila sunrise . . . Ohio, gin fizz . . .
Vermont, whiskey sour . . . South Dakota, kamikazes . . . Wyoming, White Russians . . . Delaware, New Year’s Sparklers . . .