Posted: October 7, 2021 at 10:24 am
The time has come to indulge in Halloween Candy! The folks at Zippa broke down some research from Google Trends and found out each states favorite Halloween Candy.
In Minnesota and Wisconsin Twix is the favorite, while in Iowa the Tootsie pop is on top.
Here’s some more interesting info they found out….
- Last year’s favorite Starburst was dethroned by Kit Kats and Twix bars.
- Halloween staple and not tasty candy Candy Corn is loved best in West Virginia.
- The winner is in, and between chocolate and non-chocolate candy, chocolate narrowly win.
- 28 states prefer chocolates candies while 22 prefer gummies, fruit-flavored candies, and other non-chocolate candies.
- Shout out to Ohio for knowing Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are the TRUE reason for the season.
- If you ever wondered who likes those little orange and black wrapped candies deceptively titled “peanut butter kisses,” the answer is, while not their favorite, South Dakota likes them best.
- Oklahoma isn’t much better, loving Circus Peanuts more than anyone other than my grandma.
- Some other weird choices? Tennessee munching on Runts and Colorado’s passion for Black Liquorice.
- Unsurprisingly, candy searches soar in October.
- Idaho, Maine, and Mississippi are for Dums Dums. The stick candy that is.