Posted: December 3, 2021 at 9:25 am
Looking for winter weather??? Head South….Way South. Parts of Hawaii are under a blizzard waring. Check out the bulletin from the Honolulu National Weather Service office.
…BLIZZARD WARNING FOR THE BIG ISLAND SUMMITS… BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM HST SUNDAY…
* WHAT…Blizzard conditions expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 12 inches or more. Winds gusting over 100 mph.
* WHERE…Big Island Summits.
* WHEN…From 6 PM this evening to 6 AM HST Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Blowing snow will significantly reduce visibility at times, with periods of zero visibility. See the High Wind Warning that is also in effect.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The strong winds will likely cause significant drifting of snow.