Heat and humidity build back into the area through the middle of this week. Heat index values will approach 100 degrees Tuesday before reaching as high as 105 on Wednesday. Periodic shower and storm chances will also be possible through the middle of the week.
- What: Hot and humid with heat index values of 95-100 on Tuesday and 100-105 Wednesday
- Where: Near and south of Interstate 94
- Timing: Highest heat indices in the afternoons
- Impacts: Dangerous heat! Heat related illnesses can occur in as little as 30 minutes. Children, pets and the elderly as especially susceptible to the heat
- ACTION: Avoid prolonged exposure to the heat - postpone or reschedule outdoor activities. Stay hydrated!