A winter storm will impact the region Friday into early Saturday. Areas of blowing and drifting snow are expected with pockets of whiteout conditions possible. There is also a smaller threat for freezing precipitation south of the snow band. However, any shift in the storm track will impact where the heaviest snow falls. Forecast adjustments are possible - keep up-to-date on latest forecasts.
There will be significant impacts to travel, especially north of Interstate 90 - prepare accordingly.
Friday-Friday Night: Winter Storm
- What: Possible snow totals of 4 to 7" near I-90 and 7 to 13" north of I-90. Blowing and drifting snow likely with pockets of whiteout conditions, along with smaller threat for freezing precipitation.
- Where: Along and north of I-90
- Highest Impact Timing: 4-10pm Friday
- Potential Impacts: Hazardous travel. Impassable roads. Reduced visibilities. Whiteouts.
- ACTION: Keep up on the latest forecasts - amounts, location could change. Plan ahead for potential travel impacts. Be prepared to alter, delay or cancel travel if conditions warrant it.