Posted: May 8, 2020
DATE: May 7, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Pulpit Rock Campground COVID-19 Response
PRESS CONTACT: Andy Nimrod (563) 382-4158, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pulpit Rock Campground COVID-19 Response
Decorah Parks and Recreation
May 7, 2020
Decorah Parks and Recreation (DPR) continues to look at ways to protect the health of visitors and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. In accordance with Governor Reynolds May 6, 2020 proclamation, Pulpit Rock Campground will be partially opening May 8, 2020 with some restrictions. The following is a list of regulations created to help ensure the safety and well-being of campers and staff. Regulations will be updated as needed.
- Pulpit Rock Campground will be opening at 8:00am, Friday May 8 to campers with self-contained units only.
- Restrooms at the campground and throughout the Decorah Parks System remain closed.
- Playgrounds and shelters are closed.
- Registration and payment over the phone is preferred, however the window of the registration booth will be open to handle firewood and ice sales transactions, and registration as needed.
- Some of the sites at the campground will be closed to help maintain safe distancing.
- It is asked that all campers and staff wear masks when consulting or conducting business with one another.
- Parks and trails are open in the Decorah Parks System; however, park patrons should keep a physical distance of at least six feet from other visitors and avoid areas where points of interest will likely congregate people. Using precautions set forth by the CDC is required; https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
- Decorah Parks and Recreation highly recommends practicing physical distancing so that parks and campgrounds remain open for recreational opportunities.
- Campers should assume personal responsibility and not allow visitors to their campsite or campfires. Campsites should only be shared by members of the same household.
- Thank you for your patience during this challenging time. Staff will monitor the situation daily and will make changes as needed.
This is an official city press release. Modifications of any kind are prohibited without express written consent of the author. Any reprint or broadcast of this information must include this entire communication.