Posted: May 21, 2020
May 19, 2020
CONTACT: Erin Berns at Veterans Memorial Hospital 568-3411
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hospital Laboratory Takes Measures When Re-Opening Waiting Room to Ensure Safety of Those Needing Regular Testing
The Veterans Memorial Hospital strives to provide the safest health care experience with compassion for all patients. During COVID-19, the hospital has gone to even greater measures to ensure a safe environment for all patients, with the following requirements:
- Daily health screenings of employees, patients and visitors.
- Face masks required for all employees, patients and visitors.
- Physical distancing required in waiting rooms.
- Visitation limited to only essential visitors.
- Pre-procedure COVID –19 testing required prior to having a procedure at Veterans Memorial Hospital.
- More time scheduled between patients for proper, effective and thorough sanitizing.
The hospital’s Laboratory does see many repeat patients on a regular basis. Since the onset of COVID-19, many of those patients have stayed in their cars while Laboratory personnel have come outside to draw their blood. The lab patients are now given a choice to enter the main entrance as usual and wait in the main lobby waiting room until Lab escorts them to the lab drawing room. Lab patients can also wait in their car until the lab drawing room is available. If they still choose to wait in their vehicles, they must call the Lab at 563-568-5594 when they arrive to the hospital. The Lab staff will meet them at the door and escort them inside the building, first to the screener and then directly to the Lab waiting room.
All appointments for Laboratory should be pre-scheduled. Please call the Lab at 563-568-5594 before the next visit to Veterans Memorial Hospital to schedule an appointment.
For questions or concerns, please call Beth Fitzpatrick, Lab Supervisor at 563-568-5594.