Through Monday Morning: Bitter/Dangerous Cold
- What: Bitter/dangerous cold wind chills from 20 to 40 below zero at times.
- Where: Entire area. Coldest west of Mississippi River and across north-central Wisconsin.
- Timing: Coldest this weekend
- Impacts: Frost bite can occur in as little as 30 minutes without proper clothing. Hypothermia also possible with prolonged exposure.
- ACTION: Cover exposed skin. Wear several layers of clothing, hat and gloves. Protect pets from the cold, make sure they have fresh water. Limit outdoor exposure if possible. Make sure vehicles are prepped for the cold.
WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON SATURDAY: WHAT: Very cold wind chills of 20 to 30 below zero. WHERE: Portions of central, north central, southwest and west central Wisconsin, northeast Iowa and southeast Minnesota. WHEN: From 6 PM this evening to noon CST Saturday. IMPACTS: The dangerously cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS: Use caution while traveling outside. Wear appropriate clothing, a hat, and gloves.